Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dirty Faith

In my spare time I have been reading a book entitled "Dirty Faith" by Audio Adrenaline that my aunt left.  It is all about being Jesus' hands and feet... not just living in our safe clean bubble.

One of the paragraphs that moved my heart this morning said...

"Being Jesus' hands on earth means we need to learn how to have some of Jesus'  heart on earth.  Are you moved with compassion for people in pain?  Does your heart hurt for the lonely and sick and abused?  If nothing ever moves us to feel with the people around us, we're not very likely to get involved in their lives."

Sometimes in the midst of full time  ministry, we get tired... we get weighed down by the on going need around us...  This got me thinking... if Jesus every got weary and needed a break... and I think that the answer is yes.  Did Jesus ever get so weighed down by the need that he saw all around him?  I think he may have because we read in scripture how he acted with kindness and compassion and stopped what he was doing in order to help those in need.

So with that said... why do I feel guilty when I get weary and need to rest?  Why does my heart ache to see all of the need around me?...  my final conclusion is that is how God made us so that we image him.  If I am to follow in his sandles then I need to get down and dirty.  I need to follow exactly where He leads and he will provide strength and rest when needed!

My challenge to you this morning is to step outside of your "Christian bubble" and serve those around you that are in need... it can be something as simple as a smile... a hug... a word of encouragement... a peanut butter sandwich... the possibilities are endless... just be his hands and feet to a world in need of HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment