Saturday, November 2, 2013

Out for a morning walk

Kimberly and I headed out after breakfast this morning to find one of the girls that Kimberly had not seen in the week she had been here. 


Mamma Kimberly holding baby Mary... Jordan's youngest sister!  Such a cutie!
As we walked... we stopped at different houses and visited with the families... after each stop, we gained a few more children in our entourage so that by the time we headed back we had 10+ children to return to their houses! 

Jordan and Harriet playing with Mamma Kimberly's umbrella.  These two joined us for most of the walk.

I guess I have made a name for myself in the village because everywhere we walked... people would come to their door saying "Angela"... and the children would come running to hold my hand.  A couple of times it became an all out slapping war as to who would hold my hand and who just hung on by a finger!




This little one... was timid of the "muzungus"
when we walked up but within moments
she was in my arms and wanted to follow when we were leaving!

Waving good bye!

A typical mud house in the village.

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I so love reading your story and the photos are priceless. I'm so glad glad you listened to the Lord's calling.....you are the perfect person for this important work. What a blessing you are to all you meet. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete