Monday, May 27, 2013

Love ALWAYS Trusts

I was spending some time in the word this morning... reading a familiar passage... 1 Corinthians 13... the Love chapter.  Part of it hit me in a new way as I was reading it...

verse 7 states "It [LOVE] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (emphasis mine)

I have struggled over the months with trust issues... not exactly sure where it stems from but I have issues trusting people and even trusting God (who has never let me go).  As I am reading this verse it hits me... love is a commandment... we are to LOVE God and LOVE people.  If one of the attributes of LOVE is trust... then we are commanded to always trust those that we are called to LOVE.  Even if it means that I may get hurt... I have to trust that my God will mend my broken heart.

Hmmm... I know what I am going to be working on in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment