Friday, May 17, 2013

A broken and contrite heart

Over the past week, almost every night before bed, I have ended up in tears... crying out to the LORD.  Slowly and brokenly laying each concern... worry... loss at my Savior's feet. 

As I was processing through this today with a dear sister, she reminded me that tears are ok but I can't spend every night crying myself to sleep.  I also realized that my bedtime reading material has been the book "Kisses from Katie".  As much as I wanted to not read this story of a young woman who gave up everything to serve the people of Uganda simply because it was evoking emotions, I find myself again tonight reading it with tears rolling down my face. 

I am realizing that these are not tears of sadness for what I am leaving but tears from a broken and contrite heart for the people of Uganda.  A longing to be my Savior's hands and feet to follow where He leads... to step out into a bunch of unknowns and love on the poorest of the poor.  These tears remind me how truly blessed I am to have a God that collects each tear that falls and loves me despite my imperfections.  It is HIS lovingkindness that brings us to repentance.  I want to show that LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment