Monday, May 13, 2013

Isn't it IRONIC?

There is a secular song entitled "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette with the lyrics of "Isn't it ironic?"  This song has been playing in my brain throughout the week...

It's like rain on your wedding day,
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures.

Isn't it ironic.... don't you think...

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out.


Now I know that there is really no such thing as coincidences only God-incidences.  Over this past week, I have been pondering God's timing on allowing certain things in my life and I think it is a bit ironic... (And as we all know... my brain thinks in song lyrics so this is the best way I can relate).

I am finding it a bit ironic that I have lived on this island for 12+ years and just now realizing how many people are here that I haven't truly gotten to know until now... two months before I leave.

I am finding it a bit ironic that every weekend that I have tried to go to the beach in the last month it has rained.

I am finding it a bit ironic that God would allow me to make friends with an amazing single Christian guy only to possibly end up with another long distance relationship (which I just recently swore I would never do again... rolling of eyes... when will I stop telling God what I am not going to do?)

I am finding it a bit ironic that I am only now seeing what God has done in me over the past 12 years.  He has truly made me into a new creation (1 Corinthians 5:17).

Isn't it ironic, don't you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment