Sunday, May 19, 2013

Exploding Heart

There are moments that I feel like my heart is going to explode.... for what God is doing on Molokai and in Uganda... my love for the people in both places... for the overwhelming desire to do what God has called me to... despite.

Explaining this idea to most people has been difficult.  I am realizing that most people cannot grasp the fact that I am leaving my home of 12+ years... my "paying" full time ministry position... my family... and everything that is comfortable to move literally halfway around the world where I don't speak the language... don't know the culture... only know a handful of people... and will be working full time for no salary.  Seems kind of CRAZY. 

Honestly this is one of those times that God is calling me to something bigger than what I can do or handle on my own.  Without Him this entire thing is NOT possible.  There is no way I could do this on my own and claim credit.  God's word says that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" So often as American Christians we can make things in life happen in our own strength without relying on Jesus every moment.  However living elsewhere you see more of Jesus and have to rely on Him for everything.

After relying on Jesus to provide each need over the past 12 years and watching Him exceed my expectations I am looking forward to great things as I move to Uganda.

As Pastor Randy said at church ... "The greatest kind of faith is a scary faith.  If God doesn't show up we are all sunk."

My God will not leave me nor forsake me but will provide each need according to his riches for my ultimate good and HIS glory.  These truths make my heart feel like it is going to EXPLODE with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment