Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sleepless in Honolulu

It is 12:30am on Saturday night/Sunday morning.... for those of you that know me, know I am not a night owl.  However, I slept in today, worked on papers and projects, and then took an afternoon nap due to a headache.  Now unfortunately I can't sleep... 

With my mind going a million miles an hour, I thought maybe it would be beneficial to do some reading (other than grad school articles)... still no sleep... decided to exercise.... still no sleep... so I have been reading past blogs... this has made me think about the cyclical pattern of trials in our lives... ok bear with me and hopefully it will make since.  Trials come into our lives to grow us.  The enemy uses these trials to try to stumble us and get us to doubt God's love and faithfulness.  The more we trust in God's strength and wisdom during the trials, the smaller the trial becomes and the larger our God shows up.  When we are confident in who our God is in the midst of a trial the less ground we allow the enemy to have.

Reading blogs from several years ago, to be honest, there are still issues that I struggle with to this day.  In many of these situations, I have realized that they may always show up during certain seasons however they are not as big of an issue or trial as I know now that my God has ulitmate victory.  He is large and in charge.

Ok... switching gears... as I am sitting here I have my itunes playlist running and we have hit the christmas section... it made me realize that we are officially in July as of 30 minutes ago.  I know it sounds silly to equate Christmas music with the month of July but it brings fond memories of Christmas in July parties when I first moved to MKK. 

July also means...
  • we are halfway through another year
  • school starts this month
  • I officially add another year to my age and we get to celebrate!!! :)
So as I am "walking in a winter wonderland" my eyelids are getting a little droopy so I think I may go try this novel idea known as sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Angela,

    I agree with you on what July also means. Kaleb will be starting school on August 14 @ Clover Garden.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete