Monday, July 9, 2012

What if????

Such a small question with big ramifications.  The enemy often plants those two little words to get our minds reeling over something that more than likely will never happen.  From those two little words comes endless hours of worry and wasted time.  Sometimes those two little words inflict self-doubt (what if I fail?) ... other times horrible assumptions on others...Our brains so often go toward the negative "what ifs" first.  Recently I have been called out on making these "what if" assumptions concerning myself and others.  Jumping to conclusions and worry... instead of seeking His truth and peace.  I have been blessed with people in my life that will "check my heart" and see where  I am headed with my "what ifs".  After being called out on these, I am trying to focus on my reactions that they give the positive outlook rather than the negative.  God has been putting numerous opportunities in my life to "assume" the best of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment