Monday, July 2, 2012

Meet Mr. Smith

Found this intriguing book on the half price shelf at the local Christian bookstore on Sunday.  The authors names, Eric and Leslie Ludy, caught my attention as I had read their book several years ago entitled, "When God writes your love story".  This books title, "Meet Mr. Smith", had me curious especially when I read the subtitle... Revolutionize the way you think about sex, purity, and romance.  Our culture is so filled with junk (aka sin) that it is a daily struggle to live a pure life.  Recently some christian friends were discussing a "hot" new movie that had just come to the big screen.  The temptation was there to go see it but then the conviction of the Holy Spirit set in and reminded me that Christ is calling me to a life of purity.  Not just physically but in what I see (tv, movies, etc), in what I read (internet, books, magazines), and in what I listen to (music).  I will be the first to admit, I fall so short but I am truly reminded at how God truly protects when we allow Him to.

As I was reading this book tonight, a couple of things stood out to me about purity...

1. " Purity is the opening act for the greatest acttion drama of anyone's life.  (It) sets the stage for heavenly love stories that leave Hollywood's lusty counterfeits blushing with bewilderment (pg74)."

2. purity is here for one purpose- to make people's lives beautiful and amazing.

3.  it takes works- "if people want the best, they need to be prepared for a little pain, a little discomfort, and a little hard work."

I truly want God's best.  I refust to settle for an imposter when God's absolute best is right around the corner.  Lately He has been showing me that there is blessing in obedience.  Anything good is worth waiting for... so while I am waiting I will be about my Father's business and at this point that is making purity a priority in every aspect of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment