Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trust

After a four and a half hour conversation with my mom tonight, it seems that the topic of trust came up numerouse times.  Mainly... am I trusting God for ______?  Fill in the blank... finances... health... relationships... future.  This has been my weakness lately... not trusting enough to not be stressed.  Basically I start off trying to figure things out on my own.... issue is bigger than I can handle... I stress because I can't... then God kindly reminds me... "You're right... you can't but I CAN!  Just TRUST me!". 

Back to the present moment,  I sit down to work on my Bible study, open to the page where I left off and the question is posed "Will you trust God even when there is no immediate reward?"  REALLY.... I think I am getting the hint that God is growing me to trust him more.  Trust Him when health is failing... trust Him when the bills are piling up... trust Him when you're called to do something you don't understand... trust Him when someone is removed from your life... trust Him when doors keep closing... trust Him even when the washing machine spins its last cycle.  Just TRUST Him!

Ultimately it is in those times that we trust Him despite not seeing the outcome that our faith has a chance to grow.  It is also at those times when we come to a place of ultimate surrender...not my will but yours.

"My life is in Your hands.  My heart is in Your keeping."

No comments:

Post a Comment