Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Fun

After an intense summer in grad school and an emotional week adjusting back to Molokai, I have been in need of a fun girls weekend.  On Friday afternoon, Whitney and I flew to Oahu to start our grand adventure.  The afternoon started with pedicures, some shopping, and dinner at Outback before heading up North Shore.  We stayed the weekend with Nicci and ALL the Pou boys... her hubby, four boys, and a couple of extra friends.  Friday night we stayed up til 1:30am or so talking story.

Saturday, Whit and I kidnapped Nicci and went to Kapolei shopping/browsing. Had lunch then headed to Mililani for an adventure.  One of the things on my bucket list was to go rock climbing and since I am trying to retrain my brain that fun doesn't have to revolve around food... this was as good of time as any.  After a brief training we harnessed in and took turns climbing....

 Up... up.... and away!
 Made it to the top!!!  Woohooo!!!
 Nicci's turn...
 Whitney did it!!!
 An absolutely amazing workout and a fun time with friends.  We will have to do this again soon! 

After rock climbing, we went with all of the boys to the movies... some of us went to see Ice Age and a couple of the boys went to the new Batman movie.  Before heading home we stopped at Baskin Robbins to pick up an ice cream cake and stuff for dinner.  Dawn and Bella joined us for a birthday dinner at the Pou's. 

The evening was finished off by a Just Dance competition... which was just plain ole FUN!

Today we went to The Mission for an amazing message and time of worship.  After church, we headed to do some shopping before I dropped Whitney off at the airport.  I have a meeting downtown tomorrow so I don't head home until tomorrow evening.  But it has been a fabulous birthday weekend!  Now I am ready to hit the ground running with school stuff starting in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment