Thursday, August 9, 2012

At the foot of the cross

Have you ever pondered... "if I were the only person on this planet, would Jesus have still come and laid down His life?"  The answer is a solid YES! We are all sinners in need of a Savior.  Looking at others, we often compare thinking things like "my sin is not as bad as theirs" but comparing orselves to God we fall short everytime.  God looks down and sees people in two categories... sinners and sinners saved by grace.

Too many times "christians" take the 'holier than thou' approach when judging others.  In this mindset there is a sliding scale of sin... some sins are worse than others... some sins are worse than others... some are small "minor" infractions.  We can always find someone with a worse sin than us. 

Personally, I am saddeded by this because at one point I had this mindset.  God has since convicted my heart of this and often brought to mind the quote "There be I but for the grace of God." 

At the foot of the cross, there is a level playing field no matter what your background or struggle.  There is no judgement or condemnation... just grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment