Sunday, August 19, 2012

What speaks to your heart?

Nothing speaks a message clearer to my heart than worship before God through music.  Words that my mouth can't utter through plain spoken word can be put to music and transfer me to the foot of the Jesus.

After prayer and praise tonight my heart is so overwhelmed with emotion.  I went in with a heavy heart seeking God's direction.  With in moments the heaviness of my heart is lifted and I am singing "How great thou art" in 3 languages... English, Hawaiian, and Samoan.  As I am recounting the words "then sings my soul... My Savior God to thee... How great thou art" my soul is singing!  God is so faithful to provide exactly what we need when we need it.  As I petition for direction, God's answer is "Not yet... my grace is enough."

God may not be working the way I think He should be but He is working.  He is working mightily!  I needed the reminder that it is not my will but His.  My desire needs to fall in line with His and I need to trust that His ultimate plan and direction is for my good and His glory.  So as Matt Redman sings... "10,000 reasons for my heart to praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment