Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Prayer letter

Summer 2011

As I was sitting down to do a prayer update, I realized that it has been a while.  Seven weeks of summer care is finished... my one week of vacation starts in a few hours... and then the official 2011-2012 school year starts.  Wow... time just needs to slow down!

This has been a summer filled with highs and lows... praises and prayer requests... blessings and those things that make you go "hmmm???".  Friday afternoon I came home from finishing summer care, exhausted and mind reeling over several things going on in the ministry on Molokai (ie... enrollment, finances, decisions, families, etc).  As I sat back pondering what I could do to solve these things, I was convicted that I needed to pray. 

Recently Pastor Randy has been going through a series from Ephesians entitled "living beyond the ordinary".  If we are called to live beyond the ordinary, then we are called to trust when things aren't comprehendible.  All the things that I have been attempting to do in my own strength, I need to trust that if Christ has called me to do it... then it will happen in HIS time.  On the other hand... if He hasn't called me to it... then I need to relinquish it.  After a time of being on my face before Him releasing all of these things to Him, I was able to lay the burden down at His feet and sleep peacefully with the assurance that He is doing a mighty work.

So I share all of this so that you can partner with us in prayer as we live beyond the ordinary. 


Praises:
- completed 10 years of teaching on Molokai
- we finally received our certificate of accreditation with a score of 98% through the National Association of Educating Young Children (NAEYC).  A three year process to better the education for our little ones!
- newest addition- Juliet- see blog for pictures
- leadership opportunity in Egypt over fall break
- headed to NC for Christmas... thanks to donated airmiles!!!  It has been 2 1/2 years since I have been back to visit family!


Prayer Requests:
-Finances-  Due to low enrollment last school year and rising costs on island... (ie For the school/ church campus our water bill ($xxxx) and electric ($xxxx) per month), we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.  I am really glad that our heavenly Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills...  
-Enrollment- Please be praying that as we start this school year that God will send the children He desires us to serve and that He will provide the subsidy for each family.
-Airfare to Egypt
-Church/Ministry Staff

You can stay updated with all the latest Thoughts from Molokai at http://hynangel.blogspot.com/.  Thank you for your faithful support.  Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated!  May you truly live beyond the ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment