Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Staycation 101: Redecorating

Nothing makes me happier than spending a day at home with worship music blaring throughout the house while cleaning and crafting!  Since I spent most of yesterday cleaning, I thought I would work on a couple of projects that have been waiting patiently for my attention. 

First of all, this lovely yardsale find needed to be hung.  Found it in a pile of very odd artwork... reminded me of a beach we went to several years ago in Moorea, Tahiti.  Paid a total of $8 for this and thought it would look lovely in my dining room.  The other yardsale find was the wicker "table" under the pictures.  Paid $3.00 for this.  Need to work on the decor on top but you get the gist!



 Found this adorable "Monkey Business" display accent paper pack at Creative Memories that I could not resist.  With an extra magnetic frame at the house, I decided to make this cute frame to take to preschool for the parent table and display a few pictures of the children at work.  Still need to put the year on it...
Using the same "Monkey Business" pack, I updated a magnetic frame hanging in my bright yellow craft room.  This picture is of my hanai family in Oahu.  Loved the colors and it really is bright!
Ok... last but not least... I think this is my favorite for the day.  This is a project that Creative Memories sold a couple of years ago... it was supposed to be fall colors with leaves but it just didn't go with the colors of my home decor ... so  I punched out different sizes of circles in different shades of green and added a scripture card.  I think it turned out super cute!
Now oddly enough it has taken me longer to download the pictures and post this then it did to do all of the above mentioned projects combined.  Hopefully I can put together a couple more projects before the day is through but  I will save that for another day of blogging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment