Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday week

T minus 7 days til the official "big day". 
Someone recently asked me about the upcoming birthday if this was a big one... I jokingly replied they only get bigger!  This one is not monumental nor does it mark the end or beginning of another decade.  So in all actuality it is your common everyday birthday. 

Growing up my mom did an excellent job of making sure our birthday's were always celebrated... spend the night parties with lots of friends... trips to chucky cheese... special dinners...pool parties... etc.  In her mind it was a day set aside to celebrate the birthday of one special person.  As I have gotten older, I realize how out of the ordinary this was.  Not everyone's birthday was celebrated growing up.  Thanks mom for always making birthday's so special!

So why am I blogging about my birthday... well after church today I stopped at the post office to pick up my mail and got a card in the mail from Starbuck's for a free birthday drink of choice.  It made me smile to get something for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment