Saturday, July 30, 2011

My God loves me more than that!

I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth... instead of the well intentioned lies from the enemy.

What are some of these well-intentioned lies you may ask???
-if you are single, you are not complete
-You should just marry, the "Christian" part will come later.
-You will never find a husband teaching preschool.
-You need to take matters into your own hands and go introduce yourself. 
-the list could go on but I will stop with the lies and get on with the truth!

Recently after several attempts on the behalf of friends to find me a husband I had a conversation with a mother and daughter pair that was super encouraging.  So many people look at me as less of a person because I am single.  The comments of needing a man flow through almost every conversation.  I was reminded by these two precious sisters in Christ that my cup needs to be filled with Christ alone.  If I am looking to anyone other than Christ to solve the "issues" of my life, they will always fail. 

As I was chatting with one of these dear sisters this morning the song "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns was playing on the radio.  How come it is so much easier to listen to the lies than the "Voice of Truth"?  Over the past week, as I have listened to the "Voice of Truth", I truly feel like I have been able to walk in the freedom of Christ versus the bondage of the expectations of this world.  God is still working on me ... in a lot of areas... and I need to wait on his timing.  Forcing things to happen is manipulative and will only cause heartache.

Last night at the praise concert, a friend was sharing with me something that she had been learning out of Proverbs 7 about the adulterous woman... why do we as women think that me must manipulate, use seductive words or clothing, or nag in order to be noticed???  I challenge you with the mindset... "My God loves me more than that"... He has our best in mind... we shouldn't settle for second best when God has created you to be His Princess... not the world's prostitute!

No comments:

Post a Comment