Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tribute to FRIENDS

And I don't mean the tv series!

The last ten days of my life have been a bit crazy... with relocating to China... meeting new people... starting a new job... training and observations... along with finishing my grad school portfolio... preparing for my oral defense which was from 2am to 6am this morning... all while living out of a hotel and trying to figure out this thing called life in a big city.

With all that said... there have been no tears and more blessings than I can count.  One of the reasons I knew I couldn't live in Uganda permanently was the lack of like minded individuals that could understand me...friends to hang out with after a long day at work or someone that checks in when they haven't seen you around or someone that just breaks into song at certain key phrases. 

Many of the blessings over the past few days have come in the form of friends.  Several friends from my onboarding team have come alongside in this journey and listened as I practiced my oral defense... or called to go for a walk when a break was needed...or just checked in to see if I wanted anything.  I have also had friends else where that have messaged or skyped asking how the adjustment is going or just checking in on life in China.  I have been too blessed to be stressed!

As today was the culmination of 3 years of grad school work... my onboarding team had promised to take me out after I had rested from my "all nighter" oral defense due to an 18 hour time difference.  So we met up to celebrate with drinks then walked to find dinner... and then followed it up with ice cream.  A great evening spent with friends out on the town.  I really wasn't expecting much but was treated to lots of hugs, gifts, and just a lot of fun. 

So THANK YOU to all the amazing people in my life that make me feel so special!  I am truly blessed to have such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment