Monday, November 10, 2014

Getting oriented...

For all of you that keep saying that you are living vicariously through me... thought I would share the first official day of Disney orientation...

FUN FACTS:

Walter Elias Disney was born December 15th, 1901

Oswald the lucky rabbit was created in 1927 and taught the disney company about character integrity

24 hand drawings for 1 second of air time so an animated movie like Snow White would have more than 3 million hand drawings... yeah for the current digital age!

Disney has a total of 180,000 cast members... 60,000 work at Disney world in Florida

Motto:  Disney is special entertainment with heart!

So the majority of the day consisted of hands on activities ... the Disney experience... and history.   I have to say it was very entertaining and motivational of why I am working for Disney.  Their business model is definitely a giant takeaway for the future for me.

And if you are curious... yes I have disney perks which means getting into the parks (except Tokyo) for free with 3 friends... basically 18 times a year.  :)  plus lots of other disney discounts and perks.  So anyone interested in meeting me in Hong Kong for a disney excursion?

Going to sign off tonight as I have a mandatory health check for the Chinese government in the morning.  Will report how that goes tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment