Sunday, November 30, 2014

Living subtitles

Tonight as I waited in the crowded metro station for a friend to join me for dinner I enjoyed watching people. 

It is always amusing to me when you watch people where
1...you don't understand their language and
2... they are very animated when they speak to one another.

This leaves a lot of room for creative subtitles. 

I watched two employees having an 'argument' while one was changing out the coffee machine.  It was animated and the woman kept showing the man who was removing the coffee machine an empty coffee cup.  If I had to add subtitles... it would look something like this...

W... we need more coffee
M... what kind of coffee?
W... WE ONLY SELL ONE KIND OF COFFEE.  The kind that goes in this cup.
M...if you only needed one cup, you could have justntold me and I could go to the other side for a cup of coffee.
W...NOT ONE CUP! THE CONTAINER IS EMPTY. FILL THE CONTAINER.
M...Why didn't you just say so?
(Add woman slapping man as he walked off)

And this is how I fill my time waiting!  You should hear the dialogue going on in my head!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment