Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Show a little love

Well it is that time of the year when my favorite holiday arrives... no it's not groundhogs day or presidents day but valentine's day. (Yes, I am one of those really odd singles that loves valentines day!)

Each year about this time I post something on the subject of love and this year will be no different... however I have not exactly settled on a specific topic.  I really thought (at least until today) valentine's day was an american holiday and being the only muzungu/American in the village... I thought I would celebrate by myself.  That is until our staff meeting today when we were going over the holiday schedule and calendar and one of my staff asked if we got off for valentines day.  So I think... thanks to Whitney sending pink frosting... I may just have to make a cake for Friday!

On the topic of love... a friend recently asked if anyone has caught my attention here.  My answer was... not really but I have caught the attention of many guys in the area.  (It is really hard to blend in when you're the only white person for about a 45 minute driving radius and  ALL the boda drivers know where the village of Nabisooto is by the muzungu who lives there!)

In all reality these guys have no serious chance as number 1... Most are married and I don't desire to be a 2nd or 3rd wife...nor share my husband.... number 2.... I have a pretty steep bride price... I think last time it was discussed it was something like 500 cows!

After being in the village for 5 months, I have learned women are to do two things... work and have lots of babies.  Both of which I have no problem with... but I do have an issue with the way the men here treat their women.

So I guess here is my valentine's post for 2014....

Men, treat the women in your life well!  She is a gift and a treasure whether she is a sister, daughter, mother, or wife.  Her greatest need is to be loved and for each woman that looks different.  She deserves to be treated with respect and kindness.  Lift her up daily before the LORD.  Be her knight in shining armor... the prince to sweep her off her feet... protect her and honor her for if she is a daughter of the King of kings she is  a princess.  Court her whether you are engaged or have been married for 50 years.  Show your daughters what a real man looks like and how a lady should be treated and she will not search out company to lead her astray. 

Men cherish the women in your life... not just on valentine's day but every day of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment