Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Breaking News

Well since my recent post on getting answers... inquiring minds have wanted to know specifics on those answers.  Like I said in that post... some will like the answers and some won't but ultimately I am at complete peace about the decisions that have been made. 

So the big news first... I am headed back to the 808 state at least until December to finish grad school.  I have to be back in Oahu for the intensive face to face classes from June 14 through July 12 but was debating on what to do after that.  From July through December I have one remaining class and have to finish my portfolio (this is what I chose over writing a thesis).  I am finding it very difficult to skype in with the classes due to the internet connection in the village and being in the islands will allow me to walk with my classmates as the 20 of us have gotten really close in the 3 years.

The ultimate goal is to come back down to Uganda for short term visits a couple times a year to assist as the school grows.  I will still be serving as administrator and will be a text or email away.  The short term visits will also allow me to bring others with me that desire to serve and help.  This place and people have grown extremely close to my heart so I can't just leave forever.  With that said... living here by myself for 9 months has been very challenging and not something that I am called to do permanently.

The other question that has been asked is when are you coming back to visit... so I thought I would post the dates that I would be certain places so if you are in the area we can meet up. 

May 15 ... leave Uganda fly to Dubai
May 16 ...leave Dubai fly to Netherlands...visiting with Marjon and Gerben
May 17... leave Amsterdam fly to GOT, Sweden.... visiting  with Marcus
May 21... leave Sweden fly back to Amsterdam
May 22... leave Amsterdam fly to Raleigh Durham, NC, USA!
Visiting family and friends... thinking of doing a get together one evening so that I can see many people at one time...let me know if this interests anyone
May 27... going to Asheboro Zoo with Stacie and the kiddos
June 2... leave Greensboro, NC and fly to Phoenix, Arizona to visit Whitney
June 7... leave Phoenix, Arizona fly to Honolulu and then onto Molokai to arrive at 5:30pm!
June 14... leave MKK to fly to Honolulu
JUNE 16TH... FIRST DAY OF GRAD SCHOOL AT UH MANOA UNTIL JULY 11TH...
not sure when I head back to MKK but I will keep you posted!

Feel free to message me if you want to get together and when as I know the calendar will fill up fast!  Look forward to hearing from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment