Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Can't give up now

It is well after midnight and I am still very much awake. Since getting to the east coast it seems my sleeping habits may still be on Hawaiian time.  LOL!

Anyway I have been sitting here... reading... knitting... and listening to worship music trying to unwind.  The current song is Mary Mary's "Can't give up now"... there are parts of the lyrics that caught my attention... and it really made me think of my current situation.

This transition from Hawaii to Uganda has not been easy.... the enemy has been trying to distract... honestly there have been circumstances that have been beyond my control... there have been some difficult emotions....but my God has not brought me this far to leave me.  I have a perfect peace in moving to Uganda and I can't give up now.  Ultimately that would be letting the enemy win! 

I have been extremely blessed by friends and family that have spent time with me... doted upon me and showered me with love, encouragement, and support.  I was sharing with my dad tonight how God has provided on this journey...from doctors visits to prescriptions to basic needs and support.... each day comes with another surprise.  I will not let the enemy distract me and force me to give up.  I can not go back or focus on the past... there is nothing I can do to change that...  I can move forward and do exactly what God is calling me to do for today!  On the other hand I cannot get wrapped up in the unknowns of the future... I have to stay focused on the present.... it is truly a gift from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment