Thursday, April 11, 2013

Updated Needs for UGANDA






After spending two weeks in Uganda, I now have a better idea of what I am going to need long term.  I did some price checking and item searching while in Kampala.  Some things I can find for a reasonable price... some things can't be found or are so expensive that I won't be able to afford getting it. 
 
Several have requested an updated list so here it is...  (I do request that if you get items and plan on giving them to me when I am in NC in August... message me what you have so that I don't end up with 50 pumice stones and no baby wipes!)  LOL! 
 
Needs for UGANDA  (UPDATE:  Due to an overwhelming abundance of support, my luggage is filled to the brim from MKK!... see recent blog update...Thank you!!!)
  • coffee press
  • cream of wheat
  • coffee creamer (powder kind and flavored if possible)
  • stapler/staples
  • twin sheet set
  • chapstick/lip balm
  • deodorant (dove, suave, or secret)- preferably something with a light scent as mosquitos are attracted to strong scents of perfumes/deodorants/lotions
  • shampoo & conditioner
  • bug spray/mosquito repellant (liked Ben's brand - orange bottle with pump)
  • first aid kit
  • house shoes
  • almond butter
  • packages of tuna or salmon (if you find them on sale)
  • pumice stone
  • baby wipes/wet ones
  • hand sanitizer
  • bathroom rug
  • pilate cards
  • ziplocks (all sizes)
  • little packs of tissues
  • matches (not sure if I can travel with these???)
  • pancake mix
  • camp shower???
  • school supplies
 
SEEDS- organic/gmo free if at all possible
  • lettuce- red leaf/romaine
  • spinach
  • cilantro
  • squash/zucchini
  • cucumbers
  • basil
  • mint
  • tomatoes (small ones work best like cherry tomatoes)
  • sweet mini bell peppers
 
Other ways to help...
  • donate Delta skymiles
  • sponsor a child in the village to go to school (through ICN $35/month)
  • tax deductible gift to ITFM for living expenses (inthefieldministries.org)
  • service/medical teams are welcome to come and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment