Sunday, April 28, 2013

His grace is enough

It has been a week of one attack after another.  Won't go into details but basically, it boils down to the enemy trying to steal, kill, and destroy my joy and contentment in where God has me right now.  Not looking back in the past or imagineing what I will be doing in the future but being content for today. 

I am normally a sensitive person who's heart gets involved rather quickly and I end up taking things very personally .... well the enemy has used this to his advantage this week to get my heart and mind off of what God has called me to do.  So much in fact that the battle even continued this morning where I didn't want to get out of bed to go to church... after some forceful coaxing I did but every excuse came up as to why I should just go back to bed.  Anyway... I did make it to church.  As I stood there during the worship, my heart was refreshed and reminded that the battle is not mine to fight... He has already won the war... He is bigger than anything the enemy can throw at me and despite my limited ability... with God all things are possible.

The message was out of Philippians 4:11-13 (where this blog got its inspiration).  Jesus is enough in my life.  I should not try to fight the battle on my own.  My contentment shouldn't be based on my circumstances or my feelings... it should be based on MY GOD!

When I finally leaned on Jesus and cast all that happened this week at His feet... yes I was tired from struggling in my own strength... but I realized that His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment