Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sock Fetish

"You are peace... You are peace... when my fear is crippling.... And oh  I'm running to your arms."

It has been an emotional roller coaster choosing to follow Christ.  Tonight I was watching "We bought a zoo." and sorting socks in to keep, trash, and pass on piles.  You would think that I was crazy if you had walked in my front door.  As I was sobbing... yes partly because of the movie but mostly with the realization that my life is changing.  All realized while sorting SOCKS!

I have a sock fetish...  I like fun socks.  These socks bring fun memories, memories of fun times... fun people... and fun places.  I know God has other fun "stuff" planned but at the moment I am struggling with being sad of leaving this fun behind and moving on into the unknown.

Tonight I just really needed a hug and someone to tell me it will be ok.  It is moments like this where my loneliness draws me to His feet.... as I look up and cry "HOLY".

No comments:

Post a Comment