Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Purpose of Loneliness

Normally when a weekend approaches I have at least a mental to-do list of all those things that didn't get done during the week.  Unfortunately this first week back from Christmas break has found me spending many long days in my office, so by the time the weekend rolled around I have no energy to do my "to do" list.  To top it all off, I also have no voice.

So my Saturday was spent doing a couple quiet projects like scrapbooking my Christmas cards and catching up on my blog and not much else.  Resting was top priority but for some reason there is always that twinge of disappointment when the day is through that I have accomplished nothing.

Days like this one make the distance feel even farther and the loneliness even deeper.  As I was finishing up my blog,  I was looking at others and found a great quote on loneliness.

"Loneliness drives us into the arms of Jesus. People will disappoint us, unfriend us, forget to call us back, or move away. But in each of us, there is an intentional God-sized hole. It’s very specific; it’s not just a love-sized hole. Only God can fill the hole completely, and that’s why He made it." 
Read more - > http://unveiledwife.com/lessons-i-learned-from-being-lonely-in-marriage/

There is a purpose for that restlessness and loneliness.  It is to draw us closer to God .  What an amazing thought!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment