Sunday, January 13, 2013

Emotional Wanderings

How do you eat an elephant???
-one bite at a time
How do you pack up an entire life in 6 months?
-one box at a time

Throughout the years, anytime I thought about moving from MKK, I just thought I would sell everything and start over on the mainland.  Well a couple things have happened...

1.  I have momentos that I can't part with (nor can they be replaced)
2.  I am not moving to the land of plenty.

Anyway about it, none of my big stuff (ie car, furniture, appliances) are worth paying to ship them back in a container (Cost ~$7,000)... nor do I have a place to ship anything to at this moment.

So as I have a few minutes, I am cleaning out and basically have three piles... to keep, to sell (or give away), and to trash.  The to keep items are being sorted and boxed.  The to sell/give away pile is currently taking over my dining room and each room has a "to trash" box.  At times it is a bit overwhelming to know that every item in my life fits into one of those three categories.  I am realizing that I can't be sentimental with everything.  The toss up tonight was what to do with all the old Bible studies and journals from the last 12 years.  After seeking the wisdom from a friend, they are getting thrown out.  My scrapbooks and blog entries will be the memories kept on my emotional wanderings.

No comments:

Post a Comment