Friday, January 11, 2013

New year... BIG changes


The new year has only just begun. I have been back on Molokai only a week and already some major life changing actions have been put into motion.
In some ways I want to share what God has been doing in my heart and life over the past year because it is exciting. However I fear sharing because opinions and fleshly desires interfere. If God has been teaching me anything lately, it is to fear HIM and HIM alone. So in obedience, I am sending this note.

The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.

The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.

The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.”

Psalm 19:8,9

The weekend I arrived back on Molokai from Christmas break with my family on the mainland, I submitted my letter of resignation to the school board, effective as of the end of this school year. After much prayer (and to be honest... much wrestling), I am headed to Uganda over spring break to check out a full time ministry opportunity in assisting In the Field Ministries with opening a school. If this works out I will be moving to Uganda shortly after graduate school finishes this summer to begin a new chapter in the journey God has for me.
Thank you for your continued love and support. I would also appreciate your continued prayers as things get wrapped up on Molokai and transitioned to the next step. Life with God in charge is never dull or boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment