Thursday, June 18, 2015

Playing in the rain

Went to Shanghai on tuesday morning... was delayed out of Chengdu due to weather and when we landed ... it looked like we were landing on a lake due to all the standing water.    Needless to say both days I was there it was really rainy so we tried to aim for more indoor activities but getting from point A to point B ...it was hard to stay dry.

Unlike Uganda or Haiti... rain or shine people go about their business here so it is just a sea of umbrellas everywhere you go!

Upon return to Chengdu my flight was delayed by 4+ hours putting me back to my apartment at 5am on Thursday morning rather than just after midnight.  Thankfully the airport did provide water and crackers and that I did not have to be to work until 1:30 so I was able to get a few hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment