Monday, September 1, 2014

The good... the bad... and the ugly...

Sometimes in this journey on planet earth ... you will go through moments that are good... bad... and ugly. 

For most of us... we like the good.  You know what I mean... those times when everything is going well.  You feel good!   You are living at peace with those around you.  The basic needs of life are being met.  And the list goes on...

The bad... not many of us like this ... much less the ugly that can come along with the really bad.  Oh... you know what I mean... you are not feeling well... loved ones are sick or dying... your best friend just found out she may have cancer... the bank account is registering in the red... it is a toss up between gas in the car or food on the table... all the way to ugly... where life is just so heavy you can't get out of bed... life is just not worth getting up for.

Recently some things have happened in my life as well as those close to me that make me ponder... how do we handle the bad and the ugly times in our lives?

First and foremost... we were not meant to go through the good... the bad... or the ugly by ourselves.  Our Maker wants us to rely on him in each situation... trusting that he knows what is best.

Second... I was listening to one of my favorites songs on the drive back to the village today..."Blessings"... and it reminded me... what if the trials in this life are his mercies in disguise...

-what if He allows something to be taken out of our lives .... only to replace it with something better?
-what if He allows sickness in our lives.... to slow us down and make us thankful for health?
-what if He allows someone around us to have a need... so that we see He answers prayers through us?
-what if He allows tough financial times... to show us what really matters in life?

As I continued pondering the happenings of life... it hit me ... I just need to be thankful for today.  He's got this...whether it is good... bad... or ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment