Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reflections from a content heart

Tonight as I was taking a nice hot shower... the realization hit that in a few days I am leaving the village that I have called home for a year. 

This is met with a mixture of emotions...
-sadness to say 'see ya later' to my 100+ little brown eyed cuties that call me mamma and make me smile when they keep repeating 'see you' or 'bye'
-excitement for the next steps in my life
-joy in knowing that anytime I come back I will be welcome with open arms
-trepidation as I step into another culture in a few weeks with a lot of unknowns

But ultimately... my heart is overwhelmed with contentment...

This year has taught me to be content...

I have learned to be content with bucket baths and hot showers...

I have learned to be content in solitude as well as with visitors...

I have learned to be content with the simplicities in life along with being blessed by the abundance from generous friends and family...

I have learned to be content with simple meals as well as exquisite dining...

I have learned to be content in my quiet time along with corporate worship no matter the language...

I have learned to be content in sickness and in health...

I have learned to be content in my wilderness as well as in the promised land...

I have learned to be content with the local critters... ok... maybe not so much on this one!

With all this said, I look back over the past year thankful that God used me despite my imperfections and my fears.  I have been blessed above and beyond what I could ever ask or imagine in this journey to a new land and know what He has for my future is for my good and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment