Saturday, June 29, 2013

Things that make you go hmmmm???

Tonight I was in the midst of a conversation with a friend... without going into details it got me thinking... "why do we as women willingly settle for guys that we know aren't good for us?" or that are just out to have a good time with no commitment? 

After having a situation arise in my own life recently where my heart was invested with this guy only to find out I was his back up plan and there was another girl in the picture... I am on a mission... Kind of two fold... first and foremost... not to settle on anything less than God's best.  I've heard it is well worth the wait.  If God's word says for husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church... a love that ultimately took Christ to the cross... then that is the kind of love that I am waiting for.

Second is about accountability... anyone in my life that knew about the before mentioned case and is only NOW telling me of the warning signs they say... I ask of you... why didn't you share this when you saw the red flags?  I much prefer the wisdom of friends given in love over the fear of hurting my feelings or our friendship.  My feelings may get hurt but if it saves me from making a huge mistake down the line, you are a true friend.  In the future, I want my dear friends to hold me accountable.  We were put in one another's lives to uplift and encourage as well as correct and admonish when needed. 

SO in a nutshell... don't let me settle for less than God's best and hold me accountable.  Feel free to ask the tough questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment