Saturday, June 29, 2013

Speechless

This one word is not a word that I would use to describe myself at all.  I struggle and cringe when God's Word says a woman is to be quiet (1Timothy 2:11)... as I am so far from that.  However God uses me despite my loud and boisterous nature... and there are times when the Spirit is working on my heart that I am speechless. 

Tonight was one of those instances... at worship we were singing a new song and the lyrics truly hit me. 

SPEECHLESS by Adam Ranney
Unending, always on time
Unfailing, but never unkind
Unmerited, favor is mine
Undeserving
Oh but I receive Your Grace, 

Lord your grace
Oh I need it, I receive it
I'm amazed, so amazed
When I see it, I am speechless
You take my breath away
You take my breath away
Woah
And You breathe life into me
I'm nothing without You
Without grace, where would I be
Nowhere without You
And You breathe life into me
I'm nothing without You
Without grace, where would I be
Nowhere without You


We sing songs all the time about His grace... but the lyrics on this one that state "I RECEIVE IT" spoke to my heart.  I am quick to give grace to others... however I am very slow to give it to myself... or to receive it. 

I am given the choice when GRACE is given to accept it or refuse it and unfortunately most of the time I refuse the grace that others give to me by living in my own self- condemnation. 

 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

May I encourage you to receive HIS grace!  It will truly take your breath away and make you SPEECHLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment