Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breakthrough in piles!

Well I think I finally had a breakthrough today... the last few weeks have been quite emotional in this transition from MKK to Uganda.  The past couple of days that has translated to a tired, fussy Angela that is not motivated to finish cleaning or packing.  Despite the lack of motivation I have powered through knowing that my time is limited.

The goal for today was MISSION: Yellow Room.  The last bedroom left to clean out and pack up stuff.  It also happens to be where I am storing my "stuff" for the next year.  Everything needs to fit in the yellow room closet so that it is not in the way of the friends living here.  So far so good... plus I have 4 empty boxes that have not been needed so I don't have as much stuff as I thought!

So started finding the floor in the yellow room this morning around 8am... stuff that has been put in there to pack or to get out of the cats reach or items that needed to be gone through or craft items and the list could go on.  Finally got most of the boxes in the closet and labeled.  Started sorting the craft stuff... what to keep and what to trash.  Last step was to clean out from under the bunk beds... piles of papers... pictures... scrapbooking stuff etc.  Before this happened... I realized I needed a nap... so once I was well rested life was much clearer on what to keep and what to toss. 

With rockin' worship music blaring, I started powering through memories from the last 30+ years... I am serious... I found a certificate from field day when I was in kindergarten and a going away card from my pre-k Sunday school class.  Anyway... in the piles I realized how blessed my life is... how much God has allowed me to do (travel... lead teaching conferences... run a marathon...etc) and how many people God has brought into my life that have impacted me in so many ways. 

As I look back on wedding invitations... baby announcements... funeral notices... thank you cards... all while listening to how GOOD God is on the worship cd... my heart was filled with an amazing sense of peace that as one chapter closes another one will open that involves more of these life events and people.  Now I am almost certain there will still be tears in the weeks to come... there will still be sadness... but know how much God has blessed me with is a great reminder of HIS faithfulness to take care of each detail along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment