Saturday, May 15, 2010

"For I know my Redeemer lives"

How many times in the crazyness of life do I lose focus on what God has called me to do???

After an extremely long week and some "major" spiritual battles, I had a reality check today. My normal Saturday routine includes catching up on sleep, housework, and projects that get pushed to the side during the week.

Today was a bit different... I woke up at 5:15am to participate in the Na Puuwai 10K with Bri. Then we hit a couple of garage sales, went to breakfast at Hotel Molokai, ran some errands in town and then went to a concert/conference entitled "Women through the Generations" held at Kaunakakai Baptist Church.

By 11 am when the conference started, a nap was sounding really good but God had an awesome message in store. The couple that came to speak shared their testimony through word and song as well as some scripture that had been very pertinent at certain times in their lives.

After the struggles I have been having over the past few weeks, when I heard this couple speak and be real with what God has brought them through it brought all things into perspective.

In Job 19:25-27, Job states
"For I know my Redeemer lives
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see for myself
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!"

Job lost his children, his wife was telling him to curse God, his friends were not being very encouraging, his livelihood was taken away, he was covered in boils... living in pain and agony.... BUT his focus was on his Redeemer rather than his circumstances.

My momentary troubles pale in comparison to even a fraction of what Job endured. After being reminded of this, my focus is knowing that MY REDEEMER LIVES! And if I had nothing else... My Redeemer is enough. When I focus on that so much changes...

Instead of focusing on not being married... seeing singleness as a gift where I get to serve others with my time and energy.

Instead of focusing on not being a mommy... seeing my 17 hanai little ones as a blessing that I get to show the love of Jesus to on a daily basis.

Instead of focusing on not being close to family... seeing that I have an amazing group of friends and church family here.

Instead of focusing on not being able to travel.... seeing where I live in a new light. How many other places can you be surrounded by water, warm weather, and amazing sunrises and sunsets year round?

Instead of focusing on not having the newest and best... seeing that what I have is so much more than most of the people in our world.

By this point, I can't think of anything else that I have been struggling with because I am so overwhelmed by what God has done that I am speechless....

For I know my REDEEMER lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment