Sunday, May 16, 2010

"And Aslan said what???"

Ok... for you avid Narnia fans... I have a interesting quote for you that so relates to how God relates to us...

As part of my 100 things to do list, one of my goals is to read the entire Chronicles of Narnia series by CS Lewis.

Lately I have been reading a few pages before bed but this afternoon before I settled in for a long afternoon nap I decided I would finish "The Horse and His Boy". I ran across this interesting quote... debated whether to post it as my fb status... decided against it as everyone sees that and put it in my blog instead.

Here goes...

Preface...
Rabadash... a cocky young prince is taunting those around him
Aslan... the just King of Narnia represented as a lion

Aslan allows Rabadash to be turned into a donkey after warning him- "Take heed. Your doom is very near, but you may still avoid it. Forget your pride (what have you to be proud of?) and your anger (who has done you wrong?) and accept the mercy of these good kings."

Rabadash doesn't heed Aslan's advice... turns into a donkey... and then Aslan says...

"Now hear me, Rabadash,... Justice shall be mixed with mercy. You shall not always be an Ass."

How many times does God allow us to make an "ass" out of our self in order to humble us and bring us back to him? Just as Aslan gave Rabadash a way to turn back into a human... God shows his grace and mercy to us by helping us out of the mire clay, washing us off, and putting us back on our feet to stand with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment