Saturday, May 29, 2010

Letting go and Letting God!

After two days of spending hours upon hours on the couch catching up on all of the season finale's, catching up with email and fb, and catching up on sleep... I am done catching up and tired of being sick! (OK I am so bored of being on the couch that I actually started my Christmas cards today... normally this doesn't take place until at least July!)

School ended Thursday with ... surprise surprise... me being sick. So I get to spend the first few days of my summer vacation couped up in the house on the couch not being able to be up for more than a few minutes at a time. Argh!

Anyway this afternoon I turned on Focus on the Family and started listening to old broadcasts... another thing I get to catch up on. As I was listening to "Growing Seeds of Love", it really hit me... am I allowing God to fulfill His plans for me or am I standing in the way?

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declare the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Many things that I have gotten upset with God on, in the past I am now realizing are my own fault. Things that when God has closed a door because it is going to harm me... I have decided to try and reopen the door. Things that God has told me NO... I have argued and asked are you sure? Things that God has put on hold... I have questioned and said when???

God KNOWS the plans he has for me... I don't! These are plans to prosper me and keep me well... not harm me. Plans with a hope and a future. As my dad recently reminded me... God is not going to close one door just to open another with something worse behind it. He is going to open a door with something better behind it.

So just as planting a seed... I need to WAIT and trust that in God's time all things will work out for my good and His glory! My goal for the summer of 2010... let go of my way and let God have His!

No comments:

Post a Comment