Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wishes to my little brown eyed cuties...

Every mamma has wishes for her children.  Even though I have technically not produced any children of my own I feel like my heart has carried hundreds. 

Last Friday at chapel when I made the announcement that I was leaving the village for a while... I saw numerous little brown eyes fighting back the tears. 

In my 'see ya later' message I challenged them to grow in wisdom... to follow the Lord... to stand up of what is right... and to study hard in school.  I told them that I would be checking in on each one making sure that they were doing well and I would be back to visit. 

Later Victoria told me that she was fighting back tears as I shared with the little ones.  These little ones have become so close to my heart over the past year and I truly think that it would only take a phone call or message from the village saying that one of my little ones was left orphaned to get me  to drop everything and head back to the village. 

I have watched these children grow both physically and spiritually... I have walked with them as they have lost parents... I have held them as they have undergone medical treatment in the clinic... I have doctored skinned knees, fungal infections, and panga cuts... I have given kisses and wiped away tears...I have paid school fees for families where the father has left the mamma struggling to take care of their little children...and I have given food when I knew resources were limited .  They have stolen my heart and I am forever changed by their smiles, hugs, and handshakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment