Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Whim to whimsical!

Have you ever done something... say on a whim... unexpected... just because... and it turned out to be whimsical... exceptional... and just where you need to be? If so... welcome to the story I am about to tell tonight that has become my whimsical fairytale called life. 

(Ok... so this story may not be perfect like a fairytale... it is just a simple princess trying to follow the King of her life!)

It all started when this princess came back to the US from Uganda to finish grad school a few months ago.  I had marching orders for 10 weeks and after that I foresaw a precarious cliff leading to the unknown.    As I was coming dangerously close to the edge of the cliff (oh lets say 2 weeks before finishing grad school)... my King gave instructions for the next 10 weeks. 

This princess really would like a magic ball to tell her the future... but that is just not how it goes in the real world!

Well... I followed those instructions all the while pursuing the opportunities put in my path and living intentionally.   I kept joking that if none of these opportunities panned out ... I would go assist my favorite Mouse friend in the great sunshine state. 

So at the princess' 35th birthday celebration...  I was sharing this with my fairy godmother and her  beloved husband and was encouraged to follow this dream...

(Am I boring you with the details? Just remember... life is not about getting to the final destination but making the most of the journey along the way....)

After the party I went on the world wide web to search how to make the dream come true... unexpected doors opened to use my gifts and talents ...  and long story long and drawn out...  I am moving to the magical kingdom of Cheungdu, China on November 6th (Lord-willing) to teach with Disney English.

No comments:

Post a Comment