Sunday, August 24, 2014

My take on the ice bucket challenge

For the past couple of months a lot of my friends have been posting videos of buckets of ice water beind dumped on their heads to avoid giving money to charity... and before I get nominated to do this by one of my well meaning friends I need to make a stance...

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE

So even if you tag me in it... it won't happen ... and here is why...

...FIRST and foremost.... I can't get that much ice in the village... much less clean water where I currently am.  Even if I could, why would I waste that much water when some of my little brown eyed cuties still get their  drinking water from the swamp... (and I am not dunking myself in swamp water where the cattle bathe!)

...giving to charity is a good thing and I recommend it for all... your time, talent, and treasure are important to God and to others... if you are feeling obligated to do the ice bucket challenge because you do not have the $100 to give to charity... give in some other way... there are countless charities (like homeless shelters that would love to have a couple of willing hands for an hour or two)

...before you give... research what your hard earned dollars are going to... morally and ethically I struggle supporting organizations that may be doing something good but use aborted babies embryonic cells to further their research.  Human life is valuable!

...something to think about... for all of you that have had to go buy ice to make this possible... what if just the money you spent on the bags of ice were given to charity... what kind of change could you be?

With all that said,  I have had some good laughs on watching you guys get dunked with ice... it is a fun way to challenge people to give... however I want to challenge you to not always follow the crowd and think through what you are doing. 

Should you want to branch out on the ice bucket challenge... I challenge you to give some of my little brown eyed cuties a hope and a future by sponsoring their education or sending a donation to inthefieldministries.org to continue the ministry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment