Sunday, August 17, 2014

Preparing for deployment

Now I know I am not in the US military (or any other country's for that matter) but I am in the Lord's army ...so when someone recently referred to me moving to China as my next deployment the term kind of stuck in my mind.

As I am preparing for this deployment... there are lots of preparations that need to be done within this transition from Africa through the US to China and I need other members of the Lord's army to come along side.

First the praises...

+in searching for direction, I never dreamed that this is where I would be headed.  It is truly beyond the desires of my heart... beyond what I could have even asked or imagined.
+I have been blessed with a team both stateside and in China that have been very helpful in telling me what is needed, answering questions, and eventually will walk side by side as all my paperwork goes through
+the reactions of the news have varied among family and friends but for the most part the reactions have been positive and supportive.
+I am also thankful for basic benefits like medical care and training expenses being covered.
+I am able to enter China legally with a world renowned company behind me.

Now for the partnership...

+in the midst of this transition there are lots of preparations that need to get done...visa paperwork submitted...receiving employment verifications... completing 20 modules of TEFL-C training... background clearance...etc all while trying to finish my grad school portfolio and do what I have been called to do here in Africa... please pray that all this gets done in a timely manner
+one of the most difficult parts of getting into China is the visa process... so in addition to a passport  (which I have)... I have to get a Chinese visa that entails a LOT of work.  Praying for favor for the officials that all the paperwork that gets submitted is appropriate and there are no issues.  Will get my work visa once I get in country.
+again I am transitioning into a culture, people group, and language (written or spoken) that are not my own... His grace has been sufficient in all of this while in Africa so I ask that it continues to cover in this move
+preparations as far as moving to a cold climate for a year and knowing what is needed and what is not
+peace for friends and family as I move far far away...again... and just in time for the holiday season
+continued strength for myself as I follow wherever He leads ... even when it looks very different from what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment