Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My right to choose

In light of the ruling in the Hobby Lobby case today...

It is soap box time!

Just to give fair warning... I have been in a public policy class for the past 3 weeks.  Most days I leave the class irritated by the depravity of man and the corruptness of our governing body.  I have come to realize that many Americans are brain washed into thinking that we have a perfect living system and are willing to roll with whatever media says is acceptable even if their basic rights are being infringed upon...

So my stance on the entire situation today...  do I think that it is a basic right for all to have decent healthcare?  Yes!  In a democratic society I also believe  I should have the freedom to decide what kind of health care is best for me and my family... whether it is going through the normal system or the holistic approach.... if you have the right to choose an abortion... I should have to right to not spend my hard earned dollars on such if I don't believe in abortion as a means of birth control. (On a side note... if you are thinking of abortion as your only means of birth control... before you do that... talk to me... I know of several willing couples that would treasure that little life that you are about to flush down the toilet!). 

It is my choice to stand up for what I believe in.  Because I live in the United States of America I have the freedom to write this and post it with no fear of the government stepping in and telling me to take it down or putting me in jail for talking about them... Did you know in many countries my life could be at stake for talking against the government system?  Unfortunately our freedoms and rights are slowly being taken out from under us and nobody seems to be noticing...much like the frog in boiling water...

Lately in our culture it is politically correct to be tolerant of everything except for what Christians believe.  Do me a favor and if you are going to tell me that I am being intolerant by the things I am saying... let me ask... are you being tolerant by judging me on my belief system that differs from yours?  Just a thought... I am a sinner saved by His grace.  It is not anything I have done but what He has done in and through me.  I may not like some actions of the people in my life... but I am called to love them.  Love means putting my opinion aside and following Christ's example that while we were yet sinners...Christ went to the cross, took on our sin, dying on the cross, only to conquer sin and death 3 days later.  I have no room to judge but I have lots of room to grow in love.

Ultimately in a decision like today... most people view the ruling as wrong because it doesn't match up with their tolerance policy but I challenge you to think whose freedoms are you limiting by being intolerant of another's belief system that is different from your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment