Sunday, July 27, 2014

My heart will go on...

Yes I know this is the sappy love song from the movie Titanic but as I am thinking of all the things that God has done in my life over the past year... I can't help to think about all of the heart break... the joys... the trails.... the laughable moments... the failures... along with the successes. 

In this journey I am called to be on at the moment... there are lots of things that I struggle to put into words especially for human understanding.  Everytime I get to that point where I just verbally can't explain what my head and heart are going through I reflect back on the passage in the old testament where Mary finds outnshe is going to be the mother of the messiah.  Scripture says... and she pondered all of this in her heart.  How did Mary do this?  Unwed mother... not to mention trying to explain who the father was.... in a culture where she should have been stoned to death for this.

One thing I have learned about God is that He is true to his word... He does not lie.  When it says he will bind up the broken hearted and set the captives free... HE will.  God's grace is sufficiemt for all and even when I can't verbalize what is going on in my heart I know my heart will go on as Jesus  has a plan and purpose in everything he allows to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment