Sunday, July 21, 2013

Did God really say???

I have known for quite some time that God has been growing me in the area of trust... trusting others... trusting myself... and ultimately trusting God.  Most days I can trust God because the promises in His word are true and if I need a reminder I have His written promises to turn to.  People, including myself, are a different story all together.  I used to say I was a trusting person... however you trust people that lack integrity enough times and you realize that people can't be trusted... hence the walls and the trust issues.

With that background in place... a few nights ago I was really struggling to trust God's timing and was journaling about it.  Ultimately the age old question kept coming to mind dating back to the garden of Eden... "Did God really say????"  As I have been seeking God concerning the future (past the 9 months in Uganda), there have been some "promises" of sorts that keep coming up in His Word but not sure of the timing so it has made me question my trust in these "promises".  This morning as I was sitting in the ballfield listening to Pastor Waxer teach on HOPE... he shared this verse...

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." 
Romans 15:13

He defined "hope" as the expectation of the coming good.  And if we trust that God is good and His promises are true then...

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,
for those who are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28
 
 
So... with all that said... when God makes a promise... I can trust that He will follow through and that it will be good.  It will more than likely not happen in my timing or in the way I think but HE is faithful!  My heart is at peace with His plan and blessed that nothing I can do thwarts His plan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment