Monday, July 15, 2013

At a loss for words...

This doesn't happen very often but when it does it normally is because I am so overwhelmed by God's goodness that my heart just can't express it into words.

 At this moment, I am blown away by His provision and how he uses people in my life.  Over the years I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances God puts me in ... whether with much or with little.  In either case... I have never gone without a place to sleep or food to eat.  In the past few months, God has brought people in my life to support me emotionally and spiritually, as well as with financial support and supplies for the ministry in Nabisooto. 

Friends from childhood through college as well as preschool families have sent financial support to ITFM on my behalf.  Colleagues, classmates,  professors, church members, preschool families, and friends have given literally more than a 100 pounds worth of supplies for the school and children of Uganda...(100 pounds were taken down in March) to the point that my bag leaving MKK is full!  (I am only taking 1 bag with me from Molokai to the mainland as I have several stops before I get to Uganda where I will pick up items along the way that have been collected!)  I am not able to take anything else down with me!  A good problem to have, I guess.


And this is not even all of it... from friends in grad school!!!
 

I was discussing this "problem" with a friend this afternoon trying to come up with a solution.  A couple of solutions that she mentioned were for supporters to send items directly to Uganda in the form of care packages (see Care Package 101), assisting financially, or send items to my Aunt and Uncle in Washington State for them to take down.  Or I guess... you could come visit and bring items then!!! :) Anyway...  She was saying how she desired to assist but now that she knows that no more supplies can be carried she got creative.  She took me to the grocery story and stocked my fridge.  I went in just "needing" greek yogurt, lettuce, and oranges to get me through the week with what I could make do with in my pantry.  I came out with bread, eggs, tortilla chips, ground turkey, yogurt, lettuce, oranges, and a treat of frozen bananas covered in dark chocolate!

I was so blessed beyond belief... came home last night from Oahu to a fairly empty refrigerator... ie a few apples,  carrots, and grape tomatoes.. and a growling stomach.  Had a bag of popcorn for dinner with raisins for a "midnight" snack.  With now being "unemployed" and just coming from graduate school where my savings is depleted from having to pay it all out of pocket until some scholarships come in, I have limited funds to get me through until I am in the field.  This is where good financial stewardship and watching God provide takes place.  I have not worried about it because I do know my God will take care of all my needs according to His riches in glory.  And He has... from friends "treating" me to dinner while in Oahu... or allowing me to stay at their house... or buying supplies... or sending donations... and the list could go on and on!!!

Ultimately I am not writing this to say I am in need (because God will take care of those)... I am writing this to brag on my God and how He uses people!  When God calls you to do something beyond what you think you are capable of... do it anyway... you will ultimately be blessed and God will use others around you to truly be the body of Christ!  God's true design for the church... Sometimes we truly just have to step out... not seeing where the foot might land to truly see how God provides when we step out on FAITH!

1 comment: