Saturday, February 16, 2013

Official title change

Well with the upcoming move from Molokai, I have pondered changing the blog title from Thoughts from Molokai... but to what???  It doesn't make much sense to keep it the same when I am moving to a completely different place but changing it is a big decision. 

As I was thinking and praying about this decision... a verse came to mind...

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. (Philippian 4:10-12)
 
God calls us to be content with wherever HE calls us despite the circumstances.  As Paul states in the previous verses... in any and every circumstance... So in Angela's translation... whether in Hawaii or Africa... whether rich or poor (however you can never truly be poor in God's economy)... whether single or married... I CHOOSE to be content.  It is not in the things of this world that I find my contentment BUT only in HIM. 
 
So after thinking through this... My blog title is now THOUGHTS FROM A CONTENT HEART.
 
Hope you enjoy following this journey that God has me on.  Please feel free to follow and make comments because I love hearing from YOU!

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, Angela! I love your heart. Remind me again when you're coming to Oahu? OX♥Dawn

    ReplyDelete