Sunday, February 17, 2013

Don't go breakin' my heart!

 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life"
 
 

Ironically enough this has been the week of "love" and it has had me thinking about how we as women have the choice to let others in to love us or hurt us.  How come we will compromise ourselves and what we know we want/desire in order to have a guy by our side? 

Recently a guy from my past has tried to reconnect via social media.  There are few people in my past that I choose not to be friends with.  Normally if you were verbally abusive, crossed boundaries, or invaded my space, I would take a step back and draw a very clear boundary line but still live peaceably with  you.  However do all three and continue crossing the set boundary line, I will walk away, cut ties and never look back.  It truly shocks me that this guy falls into the later of the two and is trying to reconnect.  If he only knew that over the years I have gotten stronger emotionally to not put up with garbage... you will not call me names... use me... or belittle me.  I have also defined who I am in Christ and know that there are REAL men out there that know how to treat God's beloved with respect and kindness.  If anything, this guy showed me what I don't want in my future.  I can forgive and still remember so that I don't make that mistake again.

This week has also had me thinking about how much I am a hopefull romantic (instead of hopeless... because my hope is in HIM!)... anyway... I love the flowers and the chocolates and the love that this time of the year brings.  As most girls, I dream of a knight in shining armor coming to sweep me off of my feet.  I may be independent and seem to have it together but I desire that chivalry (sp??)... that provision... that hand to hold as I step out into the unknown.

Ultimately Christ desires to be my knight in shining armor.  He will never let me go!  The song Holding onto you by Paul Colman trio describes it perfectly...

All I want is You, all I need is You
And I do believe what You say is true
But I don't understand
Why it's taken me so long to know

Well I tried to be everything I need
But a broken heart was all that I achieved
Still I don't understand
Why it's taken me so long to know

You never change
Your love remains
Oh God, I'm holding onto You
When I'm afraid
Still Your love remains
Oh God, I'm holding onto You

I just want to be, with You every day
Never let You down, never walk away
But I know if I do
You will be waiting for me

 
Christ came to bind up the broken hearted and set the captives free.  He wants you to hold on to him and HE will never let you go.  We can take our broken hearts to Him and He will fix it and treasure it the way it was designed to be cared for.... with much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment