Monday, February 11, 2013

It's ALL about LOVE!

 
Call me crazy.... Valentine's day has always been one of my favorite holidays!  Not because I have ever been in a relationship with a guy around this time... but because I love the story behind valentines day (http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/ChurchandMinistry/churchhistory/st_valentine_the_real_story.aspx)
... I love sending encouraging notes to others... I love making others feel loved... I ultimately love because HE first loved me! (Plus I have always loved red and white hearts!)


During this time... I have the choice to dwell on my singleness and be miserable or use it as an avenue to pour into others.  I choose to LOVE!  I choose to make the little ones in my life know that they are loved.  I choose to give of myself to build others up.

Recently a friend and I were discussing this topic of LOVE and its basis in a relationship... is it a feeling or a choice?  Can you choose to love someone even if the feelings aren't always there?  I guess in my opinion... Love is a choice!  How many couples would still be married if they chose to love despite?  Just a thought!

So with that... this valentine's day I choose to LOVE those that God has put in my path. May I encourage you to choose to LOVE those around you like HE has loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment