Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tribute to the 80's

Time flies when your having fun... started thinking this afternoon about all of the things that I grew up with that I sometimes mention to some of my staff or even preschool parents and I get the reaction... HUH???  Then I realize they were born in the 90's or so and didn't grow up knowing about some of these things (unless they have come back around like the smurfs and care bears)... see if you can relate to any of these things...  feel free to leave other "80's" items in the comments!

Toys and games
Charm Necklaces- I specifically remember having the coke bottle charm... I know I had quite a few others.
  1. Glo Worm
  2. Garbage Pail Kids
  3. Atari with games like Frogger and Pong
  4. Cabbage Patch Kids-  My first Cabbage Patch Kid was a dark skinned water baby... she was all plastic so she could go swimming and in the bathtub... I picked her out at Toys R Us for my christmas present... mom bought it while dad, Jared, and I sat in the car waiting for my to return.  We were still young so even though we had picked out items... we didn't know exactly what we were getting until Christmas morning.  That was always a fun outing on a Friday night to go to Greensboro and shop at Toys R Us and Four Seasons Mall to see the real Santa! 
  5. Barbie and the Rockers- Their hairstyles and outfits explain the 80's
  6. My Buddy/Kid Sister
  7. Teddy Ruxpin
  8. Popples
  9. Pogo Ball

11. Get in shape girl- workout pompoms, cassette tape, and posters -  Check out the youtube video!
12. PacMan
13. Lisa Frank... this poster says it all!!! LOL!

 14. Sweet Secrets





Clothing
  1. LA Gear
  2. Tee-shirt clips-  I had several of these!!
  3. Reebok Pump
  4. Jellies
  5. Slouch socks

Food
  1. Hi-C- Ecto Cooler with Slimer from Ghostbusters on the front... I remember taking these to the beach!

Music
  1. "Livin' On a Prayer" -Bon Jovi
  2. The California Raisens Commercial-  I even dressed up as one for Halloween one year.  It was a popular costume!
  3. "Forever Your Girl" -Paula Abdul
  4. "I think we're alone now" Tiffany
  5. "Electric Youth" Debbie Gibson
  6. New Kids on the Block
  7. "One Moment in Time" -Whitney Houston
  8. "Heaven is a place on Earth" - Belinda Carlisle
TV/Movies

  1. Reading Rainbow = The Original Theme Song... just take a look... it's in a book... reading rainbow
  2. Alf
  3. ET- The first movie my daddy took me to...  I remember my daddy consoling me when ET left... I was very upset.
  4. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and watching Pee-Wee's playhouse on Saturday morning
  5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  6. He Man and She Ra- Another favorite tv show Saturday mornings
  7. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  8. Married with Children
  9. Fraggle Rock
  10. Honey, I shrunk the kids
  11. The Cosby Show-  LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
  12. Double Dare
  13. Dirty Dancing- scandelous
  14. Inspector Gadget cartoon
  15. Full House - had to get my room cleaned on Friday's in order to watch this!
 And who can forget things like the almighty TRAPPER KEEPER for school and "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" on the computers of the 80's that they later turned into a tv show with that really cool accapella group???

No comments:

Post a Comment